Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Yum...Yum....

In my Tum Tum!

I am a BIG Food person. I could never DIET...It has the word DIE in it and that alone is just scary. I am a firm believer in giving your body what it is craving...within reason and in moderation. Now, with this being said I am not sitting in my PJ's scarfing down cream puffs and donuts and ice cream all day. >>>>>>Back Track because I am in my PJ's...have eaten a dozen donuts in one day before, but have not made the latter a habit. The Pj's....Hey this is not American Idol, I am not Carrie Underwood, and you are not Simon Cowell, so Don't Judge ME! On a daily basis I do eat pretty healthy, and enjoy the sweet Yum Yums in my Tum Tum for sure! I love a good Steak and Potatoes meal with wine or a good beer. Oh and chocoholic...yep that is me for sure.

Anyone who really knows me knows that I really enjoy food. I like to eat and enjoy the explosion of flavor that dances around my taste buds like street break dancers. I love a good Steak and Potatoes meal with wine or a good beer. Oh and chocoholic...yep that is me for sure. I could never diet simply because I love food too much. I can and do try to eat as healthy as possible...though could do better on that end, but do eat sweets just about everyday. I crave them. I have a horrible sweet tooth. I try to get in at least 30 minutes of some type of physical activity a day...usually walking with my kids. So, when I am talking about not dieting I simply mean that I could never follow a strict food guideline. Only eating certain amounts of food and being restricted to what kinds of food I could eat. I understand that there are some people who truly need to make radical changes in their eating habits and that is why shows like The Biggest Loser are so amazing to watch. It takes extreme discipline to make a decision to change your eating habits and to jump into a vigorous exercise regimen. Some people truly require this. I really admire that sort of strength in a person.

I tend to go on little food spurts where I want nothing but this one thing until I have eaten it sooo much the mere thought makes me queasy. Then, I move along to something else and eventually cycle back to the other at some point.

SWEEET! Right now I am loving the Vanilla Pound Cake from The Fresh Market. It is so moist and yummy, I really can't get enough of it right now. The Publix Organic Chocolate Ice Cream is pretty rich and creamy. Love It! I have been a huge fan of Cupcakes and love to try new ones all the time. In my opinion a good cupcake is moist and fluffy with tons of flavor and frosting that is not too overpowering. One specific Cupcake that I have not been able to shake from my tongue for months is the Black Out Chocolate Cupcake at the Starbucks inside the Barnes and Nobles stores.....It is made by Cheesecake Factory and is so delicious in my opinion. ( just found the above website...I will be a frequent visitor for sure.)That usually is always my go to dessert or treat if in the area. Also, from my home town area one of the best flavored cupcakes I have had and the best bang for your buck taste and size wise is the Lemon cupcake with Raspberry filling and frosting. This was a specialty order for my baby shower ordered from Sugar Island Cupcakes in Punta Gorda, FL . Wish she was local. Although that probably wouldn't help out my Hip situation and the baby already made her contributions to that department which is enough donation I need for the meantime!

FEED ME! I am loving the hibachi dinner at Peking Tokyo in Coral Springs. I have tried several Hibachi style Japanese Restaurants and in my opinion this place is the best tasting and you definitely get the most bang for your buck. Also, am loving my Pita pocket sandwiches with Garlic hummus,
cucumber, smoked turkey and provolone cheese. My lunch daily this week thus far.

SNACK TIME! When I moved to South Florida I was introduced to the whole Mango and cottage cheese combo but with pepper and some lemon juice...Amazing!! I truly never tire of my apple a day....keeps the Doctor away supposedly but yet those annual doctor appointments still creep up on me!

Those are my current eats for now. Until Hunger Strikes again...






No comments:

Post a Comment