Friday, May 9, 2014

Invites are out

I have been planning my littles birthday party now for about a month or longer. The thoughts have been swirling for much longer but actually shopping and compiling the decor etc. just over a month. Starr will be ONE...ONE...I still am having the toughest time wrapping my head around this. Grayson will be 3! At first I refused to have a joint party because I wanted each of them to have their own celebration, but finances would not allow this to happen this year...story of my life. (If only money didn't exist and everyone were on an equal scale. We all were free to imagine our most wildest dreams, dream them and make them a reality!) Wishful thinking , right?? Maybe not?! So, this year we decided to have a joint party and then take Grayson to do something special on his actual Birthday, which is only a week later. For the joint party we decided to do a water party at the YMCA Aquatic center because Grayson has been excelling in his swim class and Starr just loves the water. Initially I was trying to figure out how to do a underwater/rainbow fish theme and a cars theme but later decided to go with a basic underwater theme incorporating the Rainbow Fish into it a little. We are renting a funbrella outside and will decorate to the extent that we possibly can having only an umbrella. We were going to rent the inside room but it didn't justify to pay more for less time to have an inside space when all the littles will want to be outside playing in the water. The party will be simple, sweet, and all the littles will have fun!

I have slowly been making favor tags, gift tags, and recently sent out the invitations. I made the wonderful mistake of putting the address that was listed on the contract from the YMCA on the invites. Well, that was the wrong address. My invites from Pink Pickle Parties, found on Etsy arrive and they look great! I am preparing everything and getting ready to make direction inserts for people when my hubster tells me that the address wasn't the correct address. UGH!!! With not enough time to request another set of invites and pay additional for them, (No fault but my own that the address is incorrect) I went to plan B. Instead of making direction inserts I made inserts with the corrected address. My invites are out with corrected address inserts, an additional copy placed on the back of the invitation (JIC), and a little gift for the littles. My Invites are on their way and thanks to my Hubster, with the correct address. I am no Martha and I don't own a fancy scrapbooking machine but I did the best I could.




What I used for the inserts:
Scrapbooking card stock from Michael's
Different colored construction paper for the fish
Rubber Cement glue
Marker

What I did:
Cut out small rectangular sized boxes from the card stock
My Hubster drew a fish that I used as my stencil to trace
I printed out the corrected address on regular white paper
I cut out the address into oval/circular shapes to fit inside the fish
First, I glued all the fish onto the middle of the card stock then I glued the address to the center of the fish
For final touches I added little circles for fish bubbles with a blue marker

I also taped an extra copy of the address to the back of the invite just in case someone were to grab the card and leave the insert behind. I inserted the insert with some fish stickers (found at the dollar store) and the invites were complete.The only things left are to put together the party favors, order balloons, pick up the cake, arrive and decorate. Let's just take it one step at a time!

1 comment: