Monday, May 5, 2014

Bridal Shower Tea Time

I am pull out my hair busy this Month!! My friend is getting Married, having a baby and buying a house!!! Between the upcoming Wedding, Birthday Parties that keep arriving for the Month of May, Mother's Day, Mom's night out, Swim Classes, & My Littles Birthday Party....I honestly don't think we could squeeze another event in no matter how thin! It is all great, don't get me wrong, but a lot at once!
Yes, on my Tippy Toes because she is so tall!
I just went to my friends Bridal Shower on Saturday at Wisteria Tea Room, which was lovely by the way. I really don't remember the names of all the sandwiches and desserts but they were yummy! My favorite Tea of the evening would probably be the Orange Spice Tea (My usual Go to for Tea), the Almond Caramel Scone with cream, (OMG!) was my favorite dessert, and for sandwiches it is a tie for the sandwiches - the Cucumber sandwich was yummy and light but the Roast Beef was savory and tasty......I LOVE to EAT!!! The party was great and the time to catch up with my bestie was worth the leg and butt numbing 2 hour drive to get there!


Flushable Poo-Pourri wipes - Cant go wrong there!
Tower of Yum!
The quiche to die for!
Roast Beef, Spicy Jelly Tart, & Cucumber Sandwich
The OMG Almond Caramel Scone
Strawberry, Key Lime & Mini Creme Brulee
The Tea Room is a cute little house built in 1919 and renovated by the owners. When you walk inside there is a shop filled with little trinkets, teas, tea accessories, baby items, and Poo-Pourri! There honestly is nothing fancy about the place. Just a cute, small, family owned and operated Tea Room. The food was yummy and tea kept coming. In my book that is all that counts. Our table started with a Orange Spice and Goin Nuts. (Which I never tried because I LOVED the Orange Spice so much.) We also tasted the Chocolate Mint Fusion and a Pomegranate Pear that was so yummy! The ladies brought out a tray with three wonderful looking tiers. On top there were mini creme brulee cups, a strawberry cake, and a key lime tart. The middle tier had amazing almond and caramel scones with the wonderful Devonshire cream. The bottom tier had a cucumber sandwich, a roast beef sandwich, a tart with spicy jelly and a quiche that was to die for! Both the sandwiches were small and open, served on top of a lightly toasted bread. *I am in love with tea rooms. So much so that my daughter WILL have a Mad Hatter Tea Party for at least one of her Birthdays. Whether she wants to or NOT!

The everything but the kitchen sink apron game!
We played a few games at the shower too. One of which was to look at the apron that the soon to be Bride was wearing and memorize all 25 items. This was fun, only thing is I had no idea what the names of all of the kitchen gadgets were??! Shows what a great cook I am. I like to eat food, I never have implied I am a Master Chef, or close to it! So, I simply wrote down what the item does in the kitchen...or what I thought it does. Yes. I have shared my insightful wisdom with you.

Yes. I write like a child. Don't judge me!
 All in all it was a great trip, I saw an old friend, enjoyed a celebration with one of my closest friends, ate some great food, drank yummy tea, played a few games, and caught up with my friend before driving that long drive back. I think I arrived home close to midnight. I am super excited for my friend and all of her life changes that are coming. Even more happy to be a part of it all. Moral of the story? If you are ever in the area and would like to have Tea, call me!!

Ahhhh! The warm Pomegranate Pear Tea.







1 comment: