Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

This was yesterday, but had to share. How cool am I that I got my photo with the Cheetos Cheetah with coupons and flyers in hand?! My photo was the secondary option when both my littles protested their photos!
Mother's Day is almost over. It is that time again when Mother's all over are appreciated for what they do on a daily basis....or are they? Being a Mother in any way shape or form is a 24 hour/7 Days a week full time always ON job. To even refer to it as a job makes me twitch a little because I always refer to a job as a task that MUST be done, usually one in which I may not be that thrilled about. For me, mothering thus far has been a compilation of emotions that are never expected and always surprising. It is a full, rewarding, and remarkable role I have in raising my littles. Everyday I am faced with many different challenges, but the amount of love that is in my heart is unmeasurable. I never knew that a human heart had the capacity to love anything this much, but I am proven on a daily basis that indeed it does. I feel that anyone can have a child, but not everyone is meant to be a mother. Being a Mother takes, consistency, presence, patience, and a love that is irreplaceable, constant, and unconditional.


For my Mother's Day this year I spent time with my hubster and littles.We went to swim class, played cars, made castles out of blocks, watched movies, went to the park to play soccer, made chalk minions, played tag and felt the warmth of the sun on our skin. It was the perfect day! I am not a "Gift" type of person. Though, receiving gifts are nice at times, I really am more sentimental and cherish the experiences of life more than anything. We had a great morning swimming. G-Man is prepped and ready for his next level of swim, Preschool I. This will be the class that kicks off his first official summer swim sessions and it will be without me being in the water with him. Watching him become so independent tugs at my heartstrings often. All I see is my baby but what is really in front of me is this growing "Big Boy" toddler. I know that I have to lock these times into my memory bank because soon he will no longer be a baby, toddler, pre-teen, teen, but an adult to go into this world all on his own without holding my hand.

As my little's Mother they will always know that my hand will forever be available to hold should they need to, my arms will forever pick them up should they ask, my words will always provide advice should they seek it, and my love for them will never dwindle, sway, or leave. I am their Mother. I read often that people say their hearts are full. I don't disagree with a feeling like this but in my life being a mother to these two awesome littles, my heart is more than full, it is overflowing constantly. So, I would like to say Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there in any way that you may be a mother. Congrats to you today and every day for taking on this role and following thru day by day. As Mothers we have to make decisions that are hard and in some situations life changing but we are all united in the same way, our unconditional love for the littles in our lives. All the rest of the details are mere technicalities, turns and tangles in which make our stories uniquely ours. To all my fellow perfectly imperfect Mama's may today and every single day you are fortunate enough to be able to continue your journey in motherhood be appreciated and your hearts be overflown with love.


Some interesting info I read today on Digg to share: Mother's Day turns 100 and The Forgotten Mothers


AND....A fun Video that we all can relate to!


No comments:

Post a Comment