Wednesday, March 19, 2014

A little known Truth

Those of you who loyally read my blog know that I haven't posted since last week. Why?? Being inconsistent, lazy, or not having anything to write about. Well, I choose the latter. I have been scouring the Internet reading tons and tons of blogs...Probably not the best idea for myself, and my intentions of my blog. All I can find are RULES....and More RULES!!! Loads of people saying "Do this..Don't do this!" More people saying to be successful you have to be true to your blog and it's content. The main reason why you started. BUT...You have to do X,Y, and Z.  You see all I keep reading are more and more people contradicting themselves in saying "Don't follow the rules. Be yourself with your Blog. Stay true to your content." Then in the same or next paragraph they list a set of rules or steps to follow to do so.?!"

What do I think of all this. Well, as Drop Dead Fred would say, "Piss Off!" When I say this I mean it in the most loving and caring way possible. Maybe not so much in my Ally McBeal moments...but now as I write...in the most respectful way one can say, "Piss Off!" Why is it that EVERYONE has to have a certain Grab You gimmick when they write. Listen, here is the MAD Hatter Truth of it all...Not everyone does crafts..(Though I try)...not everyone plants, sings, dances, bakes, cooks, etc. Oh and here is a real shocker for some of the major Literacy Police out there. Listen....not everyone writes based on the correct Grammar or Structure one was taught in school! Some people use writing as their creative outlet and choose a more creative form.

I know that everyone is entitled to said opinion. That is completely okay with me. I embrace our differences because that ultimately is what makes you, You and me, Me. That is what makes us unique and gives us the ability to grow. If we were all trying to be the SAME.....where is the fun in that? I am just giving a little explanation  (Mostly to myself) of why I haven't written in awhile.

This all got me thinking and over thinking..(As I often do being the analytical crazy person I am). What is my Purpose with my blog? What am I trying to say? What can I offer to my readers? How do I appeal to strangers when there are hundreds and thousands of "Lifestyle" blogs out there? My answers:
Purpose: For Myself. To write habitually. Keep my tool fresh. Free my mind a little.
Say: Whatever I want. This is my space to do so after all.
Offer: Honest.Real.Creative Writing.Passion for what I do.
Appeal: My writing style is a little off beat at times. Sometimes a little awkward in truth. My style is my own and different. If I appeal to you as a reader..That is Great! I feel I can relate to anyone. If I do not appeal to you. That is okay too! I really would only want readers who are readers because they enjoy what I have to say.

Being the optimist that I am proves to be a struggle more times than not. Especially when I torture myself by reading tons and tons of other blogs. Then, I have to remind myself of why I started this Blog in the first place. Simple. For Myself. To write freely. To write creatively. To write habitually. Just. To. Write.

So this post has no photos or exciting news other than to stop and take a breath. Find whatever it is in yourself that you LOVE to do. AND. Don't follow the rules that others say you must follow. Don't let your gut and instinct be swayed to do something else. Stomp on that FEAR with force enough to shake the world. Just DO it! Be it! Achieve it! Live it! Why Wait? The time is always NOW. Become, Do, Live what you really LOVE! That instinctual thing that is in your blood and guts. The voice telling you about it all the time that you probably shove down beneath other "More reasonable voices." Just do what you Love. Critics will always be there. Not everyone will like what you do. The important thing is being true to yourself...(Oh, and not intentionally hurting others in the process!)

** Anyone interested in winning a free Diaper Pail. Please check out my current giveaway to enter! - No it is not the one I reviewed, Same model, but a new one ;) **

No comments:

Post a Comment