Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Grayson is now 3!

Gazing out the train window
G-Man turned 3 on Sunday!! Though, we celebrated his birthday a week earlier with Starr's 1st Birthday this last weekend was still crazy full. We started Friday night out with dinner and cake at my sister in laws house to celebrate her kids graduating elementary, 2nd grade and preschool. Grayson LOVES his cousins so he had a blast running ramped until well after his bed time!

A little Ping Pong at his Cousins house
Saturday, we decided to take the Tri-Rail for a ride so that G-Man could ride the train. We wanted to take him on the train for fun. We had a 10 minute ride to and from the Bass Pro Shop. We met with a friend and ate lunch. We ended up missing our train back and had to hang for another hour before the next train arrived. During this hour we played on the phone and blew some bubbles (I almost always have bubbles with me). On the trip back we had a complete and utter meltdown. Part due to the heat and part due to no nap. We headed home to bake cupcakes (I did anyways) the littles napped and then we were off again to a friends dinner party. Again, G-man had friends to run crazy wild with and didn't end up in bed until after 9pm.
Not your Martha Stewart Cupcakes but Cupcakes!
He was investigating the truck trying to make it work
Watching Frozen with his buddies
Sunday was his actual Birthday! I decorated the table with Despicable Me Minions and put balloons inside his tent. I made his favorite pancakes...well started to and then had the request for a minion pancake and well...I went with it. We had breakfast and attempted to go to swim class unsuccessfully, but since it was his birthday I didn't push the issue. We then headed off to the park and then home to watch a Redbox pick by G-Man himself. We had lunch and did his cake at home. We ended up having G-man's favorite dinner - Tacos- and he went to bed on time with a smile on his face.

Balloon Tunnel
Requested Minion pancake
Don't you wanna know....post on this to come later!

With all of the running around I did find time to really take him in and all of his independent 3 year old self! I cant help but to smile when I think about this because I have always taken time to just really take G-Man in from time to time. I always see an older boy. He always seems so big, so much older, smarter, more independent. I am always in disbelief and complete awe of how our journey began with him and where it has taken us. He is my first and will always have that special spot in my heart. Now, with his new found threedler self comes a whole bunch of adventures. New discoveries and independence like no other, rough lessons, but big hugs and tons of I love yous!

Happy 3rd Birthday G-Man!










No comments:

Post a Comment